2021 Law Enforcement Officers Relief Fund Golf Classic – Planning with Practicing Social Distancing and Enhanced Safety Plan
Save the Date – October 18, 2021
The Law Enforcement Officers Relief Fund Golf Classic Planning Committee’s first priority is the health and safety of the golfers, staff and guests. We are aware that the coronavirus is a very fluid situation, affecting each community in different ways. Therefore, the Committee will continuously monitor local government guidelines and make the necessary decision regarding the 2021 Golf Classic accordingly.
In preparing for the 2021 Tournament, the Committee has reviewed the following items and is continuously looking at ways to enhance the tournament all the while protecting everyone involved. Here is some of the measures that we are implementing:
Compliance & Safety
- Event staffers have been trained in understanding safety restrictions, which include the wearing of masks, social distancing and mandatory temperature checks.
On the Course
- Adding remote scoring, winning with limited contact.
- Evaluating and determining how many golf carts will be required so guests are partnered with CDC guidelines.
- Requesting the removal of all communal apparatus’ such as rakes from sand bunkers and ball washers.
Equipment & Handling
- Ensuring the bag drop area is set up for appropriate social distancing.
- Asking and reminding players before staff assists with their equipment to use disinfecting wipes on bags being unloaded and placed on carts.
- Asking and reminding players to use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes throughout the game.
- Specific holes will have sign reminders to “stop and sanitize.”
Food & Drink
- Beverages and snacks will be provided in sealed cans and bottles directly from the manufacture for non-exposure to COVID on the course.
- Individually portioned box lunches that golfers can enjoy at a safe distance prepared at acceptable safety guidelines.
- Providing disposable drinkware and silverware to players.
- Recommendation to avoid any communal ice or drink station.
Processing & Accepting Payments/Donations Online
- In limiting further interactions, we will implement additional advanced registration methods for the 2021 Tournament for all players and team registrations.
- Additional safety measures include social distancing reminders placed on the ground to allow the purchase and use of raffle tickets and mulligans.
- Sponsorship and raffle items will be sanitized and presented in a sealed bag to the winners of such items if possible.
Communication with Golfers
- As the 2021 Tournament date arrives, golfers will be updated on these enhanced safety guidelines, which will include a welcome message and real-time updates directly to the players via email.
- Welcome Message
- Reminder to bring their personal mask, hand cleaner and disinfecting wipes.
- PDF start sheet indicating where they will be teeing off.
- Reminder to remain 6 feet apart from other players at all times and to only touch their own clubs, ball and equipment.
- Reminding them that rakes and ball cleaners will not be available.
- Inform them of the two-putt rule to limit time on the green.
- Updating them on beverages, snacks and meals that will be available to them on the course.
- Notify participants as to how the awards and prizing ceremonies will be conducted.
- Most importantly – we will remind participants, staff and guests that if they are feeling sick, experiencing symptoms, have been exposed or are caring for someone with COVID-19, that they should not attend the tournament. No exceptions.
- Welcome Message
The Law Enforcement Officers Relief Fund was created to assist Law Enforcement Officers such as those serving in positions in local Police, Sheriff’s, and State LEO Departments. It also assists cops, law enforcement officers, and their families when faced with tragedy, such as violence or natural disaster. It can sometimes take weeks to put together the necessary paperwork to collect the benefits officers and their families